Softaculous is one feature in cPanel that allows installation script-ready website scripts like Joomla, WordPress, OpenCart and so on. With the Softaculous you do not need to be bothered with manual installation that requires some configuration scripts so that the website can walk, suitable for those of you who lack insight into programming. Here are the steps for installing Joomla, one of the content management system (cms) is widely used, both for personal website creation, company profile , e-commerce and so on.
- Make sure diskspace you at least 35MB and above, because the source Joomla takes around 30-33 MB of space. Take hosting packages according to the needs of the space.
- Access to your cpanel via web browser by typing https:// yourdomain.com:2082 (change yourdomain.com with your domain, such as Pamirwebhost.com . If you experience problems accessing cpanel , please contact our support either via phone / e-mail / ticket / chat
- Click on the Softaculous in main page of cpanel under software/Services section.
- On the left menu in Softaculous, click on the sub portal / CMS , then click on the words Joomla.
- Click the Install.
- Fill in the details as per the instructions below.
a. Choose the version that you want to install joomla, install good security to the most recent version.
b. Select the protocol http / https desired. Normally use https://www , so the website can be accessed at www prefix.
c. Choose the domain you want to install skriptnya (usually when using domain add-on/subdomain/parked will appear more than one domain).
d. Leave blank, or if they want installed as a subdomain, type the subdomain name folder.
e. Name database can be set manually or let Softaculous Meng-generated database name.
f. Fill in the name of your website.
g. Fill in the description of your website.
h. Leave the default / what it is.
i. Fill in the username admin or others who represent the admin website.
j. Fill with a good password combination, consisting of letters, numbers and characters such as dots, commas, and so on.
k. Fill with the original name of the personal who served as administrator of the website.
l. Fill in your e-mail administrator.
m. Then the last step is to press the install and wait for the process is complete.
So the steps to install joomla through Softaculous. For other configurations like how to insert articles, change templates and so on, can refer to the official website joomla.