VirtueMart is an e-commerce web applications ( shopping carts ) are specifically used with Joomla. In this tutorial will explain how to install VirtueMart on Joomla 2.5.x versions. VirtueMart files can be downloaded via the address https://virtuemart.net/downloads/ (the version used in the tutorial is version 2.0.8), make sure the first download and extract all the contents to a folder on your PC.
Here are the steps (if Joomla is already installed then go to step No. 6):
1. Log into your cpanel, usually accessible via https://yourdomain.com:2082 (change yourdomain.com with yours website)
2. Look at the menu Software / Services in your cpanel, click on Softacolous.
3. In the search field in the upper right, type the word “joomla” (without the quotes), then click.
4. Click the Install button.
5. Fill in the columns according to your needs and your configuration, and then click Install, wait until the installation is complete.
6. Log into your Joomla administrator, usually accessed by yourdomain.com/administrator (change yourdomain.com with your domain)
7. Then go into Extensions, and click on the Extension Manager.
8. Click Choose File, select the file that you downloaded VirtueMart and extracts, select the file named “com_virtuemart.2.0.8c.zip” (without the quotes), then click Upload & Install, wait until the process is completed,
9. If you want to see the beginning of VirtueMart, please click on the Install Sample Data after installation (optional).
10. Move your mouse cursor to the Joomla Components menu, and click on the VirtueMart, you will be directed to the VirtueMart menu.
11. Warning message will appear in the form of “Warning, the Safe Path is empty, for safety Reasons it is very important to create a folder in a path not accessible by an URL, create invoices also a folder in it to store your sensitive the data secure. Our suggested path is for your system / home / demouser / vmfiles, use this link to the config “. To eliminate this warning, go to the configuration menu, and click on the Templates, see the safe path field, type the / home / demouser / vmfiles (change username to your cpanel username, in this example is demouser), then click save,
12. At this point, you are ready to use VirtueMart. VirtueMart please visit the web page for the configuration steps further.
steps for installing VirtueMart on Joomla 2.5.x version